Turn on Developer Mode
The first thing that you need to do with your Oculus Quest to sideload apps is enable developer mode. This is done through the Oculus app on your phone.
- Open the Oculus app.
- Select Settings.
- Select your Oculus Quest headset.
- Tap the arrow to the right of your device name to drop down more options if they don't show up immediately after selecting your device.
- Select more settings.
- Select developer mode.
- Toggle the developer mode setting to on.
Set up SideQuest on your PC
Next, you'll need to get SideQuest ready on your PC. You'll have to download SideQuest from GitHub and install it. It's an executable file so if you've used those before it should work as any other. You can download it on Windows, Mac, and Linux, but here's a step-by-step breakdown of the process on Windows.
5. You may get a pop-up from Windows that says "Windows protected your PC." Select more info.
6. Click Run anyway.
7. Click extract.
8. Open the folder that you extracted it to.
9. Find the folder SideQuest-win32-x64.
10. Double click SideQuest.exe.
Install the app onto your Quest through SideQuest
- Select Repos in SideQuest.
- Drag and drop your APK over the SideQuest Window.
- If this does seem to be working, drag it to the top right where it has a message about installing.
That's it! SideQuest makes it simple to sideload apps and games and is an excellent resource for the Oculus Quest.
How to launch
Just 4 clicks to launch the app!
- Unknown Sources
- Run your app! (Dungeon Train)